There’s still time to enter a tree photo contest in Exeter.
People living in the city are asked to get an idea of their favorite tree in Exeter.
Amateur photographers have until November 18th to submit their entries and maybe even win a prize for their efforts.
It is the third year running that the City Council have run the competition and have partnered with Devon Trees Services who are offering a range of great prizes.
The person who takes the best picture will win a Haynes Guide to Trees and a framed photograph of their picture, with runner-up receiving a framed photograph of their picture. There is also a U16 category for up-and-coming young photographers, with the same prizes for the winner and the runner-up.
The competition is organized in advance of National Tree Week from November 27th to December 5th.
Last year’s competition attracted more than 100 entries.
Here are the rules:
- Images must be recent – after October 24, 2022 – and images submitted from last year’s competition are not eligible.
- There is a maximum of two entries per person and the closing date for entries is November 18th.
- The competition is only open to people living in Exeter and they must be amateur photographers. The City Council reserves the right to reproduce any submitted images in future publications, online stories or social media posts.
- Images can be with or without people but must include a tree from Exeter (within Exeter City Council limits).
- Images can be selfies, artistic shots, black and white or color images. These can be fun shots with kids, friends or family, or just a simple shot of your favorite tree. If there are people in the picture, please make sure they have given their permission to be photographed.
- Submissions must include the photographer‘s name, age (if under 16) and exact location of the tree and the date the image was taken.
People can upload their images using the link below https://bit.ly/3z62696 or alternatively email their contribution to [email protected] Alternatively, images can be sent to: Public Realm Trees, Room 3.32, Civic Center , Exeter EX1 1JN. Images sent via email or submitted must be clearly marked “ECC Tree Photo Contest”. A panel of judges will decide the best images and prizes will be awarded to the best adult and runner-up and the best junior entry and runner-up.
National Tree Week is the UK’s largest annual tree festival and marks the start of the winter tree planting season (November to March each year). This year it will take place from Sunday 27th November to Monday 5th December. For more information on national events, visit the Tree Council website nationaltoday.com/national-tree-week/