11 Random Things About Me:
1. I have read The Hobbit at least once a year since I was 10 years old, and the Lord of the Rings at least every other year.
2. I get random fits of craftiness where I think I can make a lovely bowl out of rolled up magazine pages, diluted glue, and a balloon. Pinterest is my nemesis.
3. I’ve attempted the Pike’s Peak Marathon four times, and completed it three times.
4. I sing in the car, and at church, but I have never been under any illusion that I could be the next American Idol.
5. I used to play on the women’s rugby team in Little Rock. I don’t play any more, but I still love my rugby family!
6. I like Star Wars, Star Trek and Dr. Who. I believe Captain Jean-Luc Picard is the sexiest television character ever created.
7. I hate cooking a normal meal, but I love to make fabulous gumbo and jambalaya.
8. I went to Uganda, Africa a few years ago to take pictures for aid organizations, and wound up photographing during a civil war. I fully intend to go back and do this again someday (maybe not the civil war part).
9. I love being outdoors. I grew up on a farm in Mississippi, and I’m still a country girl at heart. Thanks to this, I also have a completely absurd number of stories featuring poisonous snakes.
10. I also grew up next to the railroad tracks. I love trains. I’m a little obsessed with them. I’m not ashamed to say that I contributed to my two boys’ obsession with trains. I am not insane, however, and will not photograph a person — any person — on train tracks.
11. I can be goofy, and I usually am. But I can also be really serious and open with people who don’t mind. So, let’s get real.